US Digital introduces the EC35, a high performance 35mm commutation kit encoder ideal for BLDC motors. The EC35 is high resolution, has more accurate timing than Hall effect sensors, and provides simple assembly for OEM applications.
The EC35 features include:
• A/B/Z Differential Outputs
• Frequency Response from DC to 400 kHz
• 500 – 10000 Cycles Per Revolution (CPR)
• 2000 – 40,000 quadrature states per revolution
• U/V/W commutation outputs (differential or open-collector)
• Fits shaft diameters from 0.197” (5mm) – 0.394” (10mm)
The EC35 is ideal for high volume, low cost, OEM motion control applications. “The EC35 encoder is being introduced into the BLDC motor motion control market to fill customer’s needs for a cost competitive, simple to assemble, high performance commutation encoder that has the virtue of being manufactured in a vertically integrated, US encoder factory. This vertical integration enables the EC35 to be an extremely reliable product for supply chain management,” states Jim Stevens, VP of Sales & Marketing.