Ironwood Electronics recently introduced a new high-performance BGA socket for 0.5mm pitch BGA 153 pin IC’s.
The SG-BGA-7292 socket is designed for a eMMC memory package and operates at bandwidths up to 30 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss. The sockets are designed to dissipate up to several watts without extra heat sinking and can handle up to 100 watts with custom heat sink. It is mounted with a patented technology that allows for mounting with no holes in the target PCB, no soldering, and minimal footprint. It can be mounted on any existing PCB with our exclusive placement/epoxy system. The SG-BGA-7292 sockets are constructed with high-performance and low-inductance elastomer contactor.
- Operates at bandwidths up to 30 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss
- Can handle up to 100 watts with custom heat sink
- Contact resistance is typically 20 milliohms per pin
- Socket connects all pins with 30 GHz bandwidth on all connections
- Temperature range is -35 C to +100 C
- Pin self-inductance is 0.15 nH and mutual inductance of 0.025 nH
- Capacitance to ground is 0.01 pF. Current capacity is 2 amps per pin
- Works with IC’s such as Kingston eMMC BGA153, 13×11.5mm with 0.5mm pitch and 14×14 ball array
Filed Under: Materials • advanced