Alliance Sensors Group has developed into “The Name in LVDT Signal Conditioning” due to the constant improvements and advancements made to its line of LVDT signal conditioners.
The S1A and SC-100 DIN-rail-mounted, push-button-calibrated LVDT signal conditioners were developed by listening to customers and LVDT manufacturers’ comments and wish list. This has allowed Alliance Sensors Group to design and build signal conditioners that work with all different types of LVDTs, LVRTs, GE “buck-boost” LVDTs for gas turbines, half-bridge pencil gaging probes, and RVDTs, rather than only satisfying markets where they are strong and not addressing the concerns of LVDT users with other applications.
The number one question from the marketplace was whether or not one could reduce the set up and calibration time.
The solution? S1A and SC-100 LVDT Signal Conditioners offer smart and fast LVDT setup with built-in null indication and simple front panel pushbuttons to set zero and full scale. Calibration time is now reduced from at least 20 minutes per channel to just a minute or two.
The S1A and SC-100 each offer the user:
- Power inputs from 15-30 V DC or ±15 V DC.
- Choice of 4 LVDT excitation frequencies
- Choice of 6 voltage and 2 current loop analog DC outputs
- Unique auto-mastering for master/slave operation – even if a master were to fail, the
- S1A and SC-100 can eliminate beat frequency effects in remaining units
- RS-485 digital communications link with an available GUI and hot swapability
- Built-in diagnostics for LVDT winding failures or cable disconnection.
Besides the S1A and SC-100 signal conditioners, Alliance Sensor Group also offers a line of heavy duty LVDTs for power plants, industrial manufacturing, and process control applications.
Alliance Sensors Group
Filed Under: Sensor Tips