AMETEK Programmable Power has introduced its AMREL™ ePower® SPS Series of programmable, precision, medium-power DC power supplies. The SPS Series delivers reliable, low-noise performance, fast and precise programmability, and high-power density at an affordable price.
AMREL ePower SPS Series has full-scale output voltages ranging from 10 Vdc (400 A max) to 800 Vdc (37.5 A max). Output power specifications range from 4 kW to 30 kW.
The SPS Series leads the industry in power density, delivering up to 15 kW at 20Vdc output and 12kW down to 10 Vdc output in a 3U package. Depending on the output voltage, a single 3U to 6U chassis can deliver 4 kW to 30 kW of power, and these chassis can easily be paralleled to achieve up to 150 kW of output power.
Ideal for ATE system integration and testing, the ePower SPS mid-power programmable switching power supplies offer a full set of features:
- Fast load transient response provides protection from undesired voltage excursions
- Industry-leading voltage and current slew rates, both up and down, make the SPS Series a good choice for speed-critical applications
- Low RMS and p-p noise makes the SPS Series suitable for the most sensitive applications
- Two modes: automatic constant voltage and constant current mode crossover
- Remote sense corrects for errors from line voltage drops
- State-of-the-art FET-based high-frequency switching technology provides ultra precise low-noise outputs, with exceptional load transient response.
- Built-in ultra-precision metering circuits make voltage and current measurements without external
- Certified to UL/CSA 61010 and IEC/EN 61010-1 by a NRTL, CE and Semi-F47 Compliant
There are two options for front panel control: the A panel or the K panel. The AMREL A panel offers 3-1âÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â„2 digit LED readouts, 10-turn potentiometers for setting voltage and current; front panel over-voltage protection preview, adjustment and reset; and external analog programming.
The K panel offers users more sophisticated features. The K-panel’s vacuum-fluorescent display (VFD) makes it very easy to set the voltage and current and to make measurements. The VFD includes readouts for over-voltage protection (OVP) settings, over-current protection (OCP) settings, voltage sequence (V-LIST) settings, and current sequence (I-LIST) settings.
The K panel also includes a multi-functional keypad for precisely setting OVP, OCP, I-LIST, and V-LIST parameters. A real-time encoder provides precise, on-the-fly voltage and current control.
Units with the K panel also can be programmed to run through a sequence of voltage or current values. Users may program up to four different profiles with 20 points per profile. Units with the K panel also have four memory locations that allow users to store and recall frequently-used settings.
Remote control of K panel units is possible via standard analog interface or GPIB and RS-232. Optional USB and Ethernet interfaces can be field-enabled, giving the customer maximum flexibility. Remote programming is done using standard SCPI commands, and LabView and LabWindows drivers are available.
There are more than 100 different AMREL ePower programmable dc power supplies to choose from. As with all AMREL ePower products, SPS switching power supplies can be customized to fit unique application needs.
AMETEK Programmable Power
Filed Under: Electronics • electrical, Power supplies