WARREN, NJ – ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD) announced the latest version of its highly successful dual-band CDMA power amplifiers (PAs) – the AWC6323 – designed for today’s most advanced CDMA handsets and data cards for the world’s leading wireless providers. For the first time, high performance directional couplers have been integrated into a dual band CDMA PA in the 3 X 5 X 1 (mm) footprint. The product also offers the lowest quiescent current for a CDMA PA in the industry which helps extends the battery life. The innovations built into the AWC6323 enable the latest generation handsets to provide an improved consumer experience.
The AWC6323 is the flagship PA in ANADIGICS’ portfolio of High-Efficiency-at-Low-Power (HELPÔ) family of CDMA PAs. The device is now ramping into volume production and complete evaluation kits are available upon request.
Key facts and highlights:
* The AWC6323 Offers 3 mode states to achieve high power added efficiencies at several power levels during the phone operation.
* It also helps reduce the idle current of the power amplifier to industry-best 3.5mA for a CDMA power amplifier. This directly helps in increasing the talk time performance of the handset without the need for a DC-DC converter.
* The AWC6323 PA features a common output port for the directional couplers built inside the package. These couplers offer 20dB directivity and 22dB coupling factor. This feature helps eliminate the surface mount couplers placed on the phone board
* The device also meets the stringent linearity requirements of CDMA EV-DO Revisions A and B modulations, to offer very high data rates for smart phones and data cards.
* The AWC6323 is manufactured on advanced indium gallium phosphide (InGaP) BiFET™ MMIC technology, offering the highest levels of reliability, temperature stability and ruggedness.
The AWC6323 will be on display at Mobile World Congress, Feb. 15-18 in Barcelona, Spain. For more information, visit the ANADIGICS booth located at Stand 2C19 in Hall 2 or visit www.anadigics.com.
Filed Under: Wireless, Electronics • electrical, Power supplies