Balluff is excited to announce the release of the new technically advanced BOS 21M ADCAP photoelectric sensor. Configuration of this multi-function sensor is accomplished via IO-Link. This sensor enhances Balluff’s industry leading portfolio of photoelectric sensors which includes all standard sensing modes & miniature sizes. In addition the BOS 21M ADCAP satisfies the requirements of modern production concepts and Industry 4.0 applications.
“The BOS 21M ADCAP stands for ADvanced CAPabilities which this sensor definitely demonstrates,” shares Jack Moermond, Balluff Inc Photoelectric Product Marketing Manager, “with its programmable functionality. Not only can it provide a number of functionalities in one sensor; but you can also program the various sensing modes.” One sensor can be configured as background suppression, diffuse, retroreflective or through-beam and these modes can be changed on the fly to meet the demands of flexible manufacturing processes or support recipe and format changes in production. One part number simplifies design of equipment regardless of sensor application required. For a plant, one part number can be used for many applications, condensing spare part inventories.
- Not only can sensing modes be configured, the sensor has the ability to provide simple distributed logic such as counting parts, speed monitoring, and controlling the outputs accordingly. With IO-Link, simple installation and easy controls integration translates to cost savings for machine builders on design, build, and commissioning; while manufacturers see a value in the ability to hot-swap smart sensors via the automatic parameterization functionality.
- Background suppression, diffuse, retroreflective and through-beam modes in one sensor
- Counter, speed monitoring, on/off delay timers and other timer functions
- Extensive diagnostics with IO-Link for LED power, sensor life, temperature, operating hours and much more
- Intelligent sensor LED’s for easy evaluation of sensor status
- Configurable sensor outputs