(Minneapolis, MN)-Banner Engineering Corp. introduces on-axis lights to its extensive line of lighting accessories for challenging vision sensing applications. On-axis lights provide optimal illumination of an inspected part by delivering collimated illumination in the same optical path as camera. These lights provide even, diffused illumination of flat, reflective surfaces perpendicular to the camera.
On-axis lights are available in standard sizes of 100 x 100 mm or 50 x 50 mm and a variety of specialty sizes. Models are available with infrared or visible red, green, white or blue LEDs, and all models offer continuous or strobed operation through a dedicated input line. In addition, on-axis lights are available with glass dust covers for protection in dirty, dusty plant environments. List price starts at $695 for a 50 mm and $995 for a 100 mm light.
Banner on-axis lights provide optimal illumination for challenging vision sensing and inspection applications where reflective materials are used, including food, pharmaceutical, electronic and automotive applications. Examples of applications include:
– Automotive handle color inspection and verification
– Code verification on reflective materials
– Detection of markings on brushed metal surfaces
– Bottling rim inspection before capping
In addition, several features of on-axis lights make them particularly easy to set up and use:
– Internally regulates current for constant intensity
– Evenly illuminates flat, reflective surfaces
– Delivers collimated illumination in the same optical path as camera
– Offers standard sizes of 100 x 100 mm or 50 x 50 mm, and a variety of specialty sizes
– Uses solid-state LEDs for a minimum life cycle of 10,000 to 60,000 hours without intensity degradation, depending on model
– Offers choice of models with infrared or visible red, green, white or blue LEDs
Features continuous or strobed operation
– Models available with optical glass dust covers
– Connects directly to PresencePLUS® vision sensors or a 24V dc external power supply
A family of affordable vision sensors. Banner's extensive line of PresencePLUS vision sensors includes standard-resolution and high-resolution, single-purpose and multi-purpose vision sensors, as well as lighting, lenses, brackets and other accessories. One reason Banner’s PresencePLUS vision sensor products are so successful is because they share a user interface considered the most intuitive on the market today. It is available in nine languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish. With the PresencePLUS’s intuitive interface, even operators with only basic computer skills can easily set up an inspection.
: Design World :
Filed Under: Electronics • electrical, Lights • signal lamps • indicators, Mechatronics, Sensors (position + other), Vision • machine vision • cameras + lenses • frame grabbers • optical filters