Baumer (Southington, CT) has announced a new bearingless encoder for linear distance measurement. The MIL10 comprises a sensing head and an adhesive magnetic tape. The non-contact magnetic sensing method is wearfree and hence provides virtually unlimited service life. Magnetic tape encoding is by poles of 2 mm width. Signal processing integrated in the sensing head allows for resolutions up to 5 µm. The fully encapsulated magnetic sensor provides IP 66 and IP 67 as standard protection. Features include:
- A compact sensor, sized 10 x 15 x 45.5 mm.
- An operating temp. from -40° to +85°C.
- The ability to withstand shocks and vibrations up to 500 respectively 30 g.
- A shielded polyurethane cable.
- An output frequency of max. 350 kHz that allows for travel speeds up to 25 m/s.
For more information, visit www.baumer.com.
Filed Under: Industrial automation