BRECOflex CO., L.L.C. announces the launch of their first mobile app for iOS and Android. The “SM5 Pretension Calculator” is a companion app designed to work in conjunction with the SM5 Tension Meter.
The SM5 Tension Meter measures the static tension of all belt types in Hertz (Hz). The purpose of pre-tensioning a belt is to maintain tension at all times during operation and depends on the belt drive type and peak loading.
The meter allows you to check pretension and set pretension by using a frequency reading from the meter and two mathematical formulas. The “SM5 Pretension Calculator” app eliminates the need to know the formulas because it quickly and accurately does the calculations for you.
The app is free to download effortless to use. The user simply selects their belt pitch, and enters the width, free span length and meter frequency reading into the app. The calculations are done automatically.
The app offers significant advantages for use in the field including:
- It doesn’t require math and yields an instant, accurate result making it simple to use.
- The user can translate the app into English, Spanish, French or German with the touch of a button.
- It eliminates the need to reference external charts to find the proper belt mass because they are built into the app.
- The app allows BRECOflex to add additional belt pitches and belt masses to the calculator through updates so the SM5 tension meter and app will never become obsolete.
- The app adds significant value to the SM5 tension meter making it the only tension meter the user will ever need to buy.
There is a short video explaining how to use the “SM5 Pretension Calculator” on YouTube at https://youtu.be/3gWheByTlFs.
Users can download the app on The App Store or Google Play Store by searching for “BRECOflex” or going to the following URLs, respectively:
BRECOflex CO., L.L.C.
Filed Under: ALL INDUSTRY NEWS • PROFILES • COMMENTARIES, TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Design World articles, Wireless, Electronics • electrical