Cognex Corporation has introduced lighting and optics features for its DataMan 300 series of industrial barcode readers. The demand is set to continue with the introduction of the most flexible optics and lighting features available on any image-based fixed-mount barcode reader.
Greater customization and control
The DataMan 300 features modular lighting that can be configured and replaced in the field. The eight integrated light banks and external lights can be individually controlled.
Lighting options include:
- IR for challenging metal parts and operator eye comfort
- Polarized red for reflective parts or parts under plastic
- Blue for metal parts or barcodes printed in color
- High-intensity red for general purpose applications
- Cognex’s custom high-powered illumination accessory (HPIA) for long-range barcode reading applications
- Several external lights powered directly from the reader, including the ring, backlight, spotlight, low angle ring and DOAL
Reduced need for additional hardware
The DataMan 300 lens mount supports all popular lens styles without any additional hardware.
Lens options include:
- Variable focus S-Mount liquid lens
- S-Mount in 10, 16 and 25 mm
- C-Mount in industry standard sizes
Automatically adjusts to optimal settings
With the press of a button, the DataMan 300 “intelligent tuning” feature runs an automatic calibration routine that determines which combination of lights and focal distance on the liquid lens will provide the best results for each application.
The DataMan 300 series includes three models: DataMan 300, with a standard resolution of 800×600 pixels, the DataMan 302, with a higher resolution of 1280×1024 pixels, and the DataMan 303 with the highest resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels.
Filed Under: Electronics • electrical, Vision • machine vision • cameras + lenses • frame grabbers • optical filters