The coupling GAS/SG is an elastomeric coupling with compact dimensions composed of two hubs made in steel UNI EN ISO 683-1:2018, fully turned, and one elastomeric element. The hub’s tooth profile is designed to allow the elastomeric element to work only by compression and not in shear, allowing for a longer life of the coupling in high reversal or load applications.
Key features include:
– the ability to absorb collisions and vibrations;
– to compensate for unavoidable misalignments between the shafts — silence during transmission.
- Made in steel fully turned with standard phosphating treatment.
- Several elastomer hardnesses available.
- High torsional rigidity.
- Electric insulation between the parts.
- Statically balanced.
- Version with integrated locking assemblies (GAS/SG/CCE page 29).
* Conformity to directive ATEX possible.
* Specific surface treatments or fully stainless steel version (GAS-SS). Customized manufacturing for specific requirements.
* Connection to the Torque limiter’s (safety coupling) range possible.
Filed Under: Coupling Tips