HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Controller Hardware and Accessories (National Instruments – www.ni.com/motion):
- 779034-01 NI PCI-7390, 4-axis position command motion controller with isolation
- 779611-01 MCA-7790Y motion interface connection board and cable for Yaskawa Servo Amplifiers
- 194604-02 194604-02 50-Pin cable for connecting MCA-7790Y to Yaskawa Sigma II Servo Amplifier
Servo Amplifier and Motors (Yaskawa – www.yaskawa.com):
- SGDH-##xxx SGDH Sigma II Torque, Speed, or Position controlled servo amplifier
- 53460-0611 Servo Amplifier Encoder Connector (Yaskawa Number: JZSP-CMP9-1,2)
Motion Control Software (National Instruments – www.ni.com):
- 776678-09 LabVIEW Professional System for Windows
- 778553-01 NI Motion Assistant for motion
- – NI-MOTION Driver (Included with NI PCI-7390 controller)
1. Figure 1. Connect the NI PCI-7390 motion controller to the Yaskawa Sigma II amplifier:
The NI MCA-7790Y accessory kit provides connection between the NI PCI-7390 controller and Sigma II series amplifiers from Yaskawa. To connect a Sigma II amplifier to the PCI-7390 controller, connect a 50-pin cable from the amplifier (PN: 194604-02) to the MCA-7790Y accessory kit, and connect a SCSI 100-pin cable from the MCA-7790Y accessory kit to the NI PCI-7390 controller (included with the MCA-7790Y accessory kit). Refer to Figure 1 below.
2. Figure 2: NI 7390 Connected to a Yaskawa Sigma II Amplifier i. Provide power to the Sigma II amplifier: For basic applications you can power the Yaskawa Sigma II by connecting the main power pins to an AC power source, refer to Figure 2. For advanced power options, consult the Sigma II User Manual. (www.yaskawa.com) section 3.3.2.
3. Figure 3: Yaskawa Sigma II Basic Power Connections ii. Connect a Servo Motor to the Yaskawa Sigma II amplifier: The Yaskawa Sigma II then needs to be connected to a three phase brushless servo motor via the phase pins U, V, and W as shown in Figure 3 below. For encoder feedback the CN2 connector on the Yaskawa Amplifier can be connected to a motor using the Servo Amplifier Connector Part Number: 53460-0611.
4. You can either set up the configuration using the configuration utility, “Measurement and Automation Explorer,” or configure it manually.
5. Configure moves using NI Motion Assistant. NI Motion Assistant is an optional motion control prototyping utility that will help you develop your motion control application quickly.
6. Once you have prototyped your moves using NI Motion Assistant export
the moves to LabVIEW for further development of your motion control
For more detailed information, access the complete manual on how to use LabVIEW and SIGMA II Servos together at zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5908.
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: Motion control • motor controls