Ameridrives Rebuild Service can refurbish old, worn couplings for less than the cost of a new replacement coupling. The rebuild service applies to all Ameridrives couplings including Ameridisc, Ameriflex and Amerigear high performance, high speed couplings used primarily on turbomachinery, compressor and pump applications in the power generation, oil & gas and marine industries. Other coupling brands are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
The Ameridrives Rebuild Service Team will conduct a comprehensive inspection of your coupling and perform the following to restore your coupling to its original specifications with a new coupling warranty:
• All potential wear components – metallic and gear flex elements, shims, and
fasteners are refurbished or replaced to new performance standards.
• Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) on all torque transmitting components.
• Removal and repair of surface defects on a lathe and glass bead blasting as appropriate while maintaining original coupling integrity.
• Precision dimensional and Total Indicator Run-out (TIR) measurement
• Rebalancing to original API 671 certification if applicable. This re-certification
requires the return of the entire coupling structure.
Filed Under: Coupling Tips