Interface modules are used to simplify and improve reliability of automation connections and signal conversions, in a compact form factor. Users will realize many benefits in their designs by taking advantage of these universal interface modules.
When creating automation systems using major PLC brands like Allen-Bradley, Keyence, Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, and more, designers are challenged to connect an ever-increasing number of equipment signals to the I/O modules. These signals may be discrete (on/off at anywhere from 5 Vdc up to 120 Vac), analog (usually 4-20 mA or 0-10 Vdc), or other specialized signaling levels. Even standardized equipment designs may need to be automated using a variety of controller and I/O makes/models to comply with end user requirements. Instead of being constrained to standard factory wiring arms and bulkier terminal blocks, users can gain flexibility selecting from a range of universal interface modules and associated cables, which are available with popular industry-standard connectors like:
• IDC (14-pin, 20-pin, 26-pin, 30-pin, 34-pin, 40-pin)
• D-Sub (37-pin, 44-pin)
• MDR (50-pin, 68-pin, 100-pin)
• Terminal Blocks
A single wiring harness routes from the I/O module to the interface module. Some Dinkle interface modules are available with traditional screw-cage terminal blocks, but most versions use newer push-in design (PID) terminations—which are a superior choice due to their compact size, faster installation, improved long-term reliability, and vibration resistance—all of which contribute to connection stability. Other available features:
• Available LED status indications for termination points.
• Provisions for clear marking and color coding.
• Terminal blocks and materials are UL1059 recognized and IEC60947 approved.
• Reverse-polarity protection in some models.
• Industrial-grade cables in shielded and unshielded versions.
• Various extra-slim relay options for providing signal isolation.
• Standard DIN rail mounting.
Dinkle Corp. USA, 13748 Pike Road, Missouri City, TX, 77489, +1-832-5327226, +1-844-2731850, Fax : +1-832-5327226, email@example.com, dinkle.com/en/electronics_List/interface-module
You may also like:
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Connectors (electrical) • crimp technologies