These PWM (pulse width modulation) servo drives include a dual axis EtherCAT drive. The NPMPM Series of EtherCAT servo drive modules provide motion performance previously only achievable using linear drives, without the drawbacks of such linear drives. These drives are significantly smaller, more efficient, produce less heat dissipation, are better protected and lower in cost.
When used with the optional 10 MHz laser encoder interface and the control algorithm, positioning systems can:
- achieve speeds above 2 m/sec
- have sub-nanometer jitter values
- have nanometer velocity tracking errors
- exhibit extremely low settling time
- exhibit system robustness with minimal sensitivity to disturbances and load changes.
The NPMPM is a slave that runs under any ACS EtherCAT masters. The NanoPWM type of drives suit applications in wafer metrology and inspection, FPD inspection, and ultra-precision machining for processing of optical components.
ACS Motion Control
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Drives (servo) + amplifiers