Dura-Bar — North America’s only producer of continuous cast iron bar stock — recently
completed a major revamp of its website, adding a number of on-line tools, and information.
The company’s new website is designed to help identify the material
advantages and cost savings offered by Dura-Bar as a substitute for steel, castings, and/or
Specific information available on the new Dura-Bar website includes:
• A Machining Savings Calculator that can help manufacturers input current material and
machining data relative to producing a specific part and identify the potential dollar
savings that can be obtained by switching to Dura-Bar.
• Data on the material advantages of Dura-Bar — including machinability, wear resistance,
fatigue strength, vibration damping, corrosion resistance, hardness, and response to heat
• An explanation of the continuous casting process and the rigid quality checks used to
produce Dura-Bar, including information on Dura-Bar’s unique Zero-Defect Guarantee.
• A complete list of Dura-Bar grades of gray, ductile, and Ni-Resist iron stocked in various
sizes and shapes.
• A distributor locator to help manufactuers find a distributor that best meets their needs.
Dura-Bar has an extensive North American distribution base to provide a wide range of
service, processing and technical support for their products.
A considerable amount of information relative to Dura-Bar and its uses is provided in a
downloadable format, including detailed examples of how manufacturers in the fluid power,
machine tool, gear, and off-highway equipment, and many other industries have used Dura-Bar
to produce a host of metal components that perform better at less cost. The website also gives
details on a number of ancillary services offered by the company, including engineering support,
centerless grinding/turning and trepanning of round bars, and milling of square and rectangular
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: Actuators, Machine tool industry + subtractive manufacturing, Materials • advanced