Elmo announced that its Gold Servo Drives have passed the rigorous EtherCAT Conformance Tests, making Elmo one of only six companies to do so.
Elmo invests significant resources of time, money and skills into complying with industry protocols like EtherCAT, as well as standards such as Safety and EMC. Elmo believes that compliance is mandatory to guarantee reliable operation of any industrial equipment.
Haim Monhait, Elmo CEO, calls this Elmo’s go-standard policy: “There is a great difference between a product that uses its own interpretation of a communications protocol and one that meets a universally accepted standard that provides product engineers with huge advantages like interoperability!”
Choosing Gold Servo Drives with EtherCAT inside also brings customers:
• Fast “straight forward” integration of the Network.
• Best Network operation in terms of efficiency, speed, bus load, etc.
• High level of cycling, synchronization for optimal multi-axis applications.
• An “Open” network structure for ease of adding, omitting, replacing (including vendors), upgrading nodes of any compliant product
• Fast, simple integration with any other compliant product
• Compatibility with future compliant products and solutions
EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology)
Filed Under: Factory automation, Drives (servo) + amplifiers, Motion control • motor controls, Networks • connectivity • fieldbuses