Announcing a second processor model for Opto 22’s groov EPIC system.
We have a lot of exciting product news to share, and at the top of that list is the release of the GRV-EPIC-PR2. Yes, you now have two processor options when designing a groov EPIC system! Both GRV-EPIC-PR1 and GRV-EPIC-PR2 provide a powerful, open software and hardware ecosystem for automation and IIoT but with the following important differences:
- GRV-EPIC-PR1 has 2 GB RAM and 6 GB user space on an embedded industrial SSD. It ships with Inductive Automation’s Ignition version 7 pre-installed but can be upgraded to version 8 with a firmware update (GROOV-LIC-EDGE or GROOV-LIC-EDGE8 required).
- GRV-EPIC-PR2 has more memory and disk space—3.75 GB RAM and 22 GB user space—and it ships with Ignition version 8 pre-installed (GROOV-LIC-EDGE8 required).
The new PR2 targets the growing market of edge-oriented applications like operational equipment effectiveness (OEE), predictive maintenance (PdM), remote condition-based monitoring (CbM), and digital transformation/IIoT.
It is fully compatible with existing groov EPIC I/O, power supply, and chassis options and provides Ignition 8 developers with an automation environment that integrates PLC, PC, and network gateway functions into a single, secure edge device.
If you are considering Ignition 8 for your application, Inductive Automation has made a few important changes that make it worth a look, including:
- All of Inductive Automation’s OPC UA drivers
- External client access to the OPC UA server
- Mobile HMI and web scripting options (with additional licenses)
Have you already decided whether a PR1 or PR2 will work best with your application? Please reference the groov EPIC Processor Data Sheet for a more detailed explanation and specification tables.
Filed Under: Opto 22