BEI Kimco has recently improved its Voice Coil Actuator (VCA) developer’s kit to include three new actuator sizes with greater force and stroke capabilities to provide a broader diversity in off-the-shelf selection.
The original developer’s kit was designed to make building prototypes easier for people unfamiliar with VCA technology. The complete “solution-in-a-box” bypasses the learning curve by providing all necessary components to get an actuation system up and running. Instead of having to figure out which controller and software to specify to put together a working system, the VCA novice can simply purchase the kit with the desired size and performance and have everything needed to easily build a prototype.
VCA prototypes built with the Kit can be used in a variety of industrial and commercial markets such as medical, laboratory, automation, military, aerospace, and education. Uses range from actuation, position, force control, proof-of-concept, full-function prototypes, test bed for actuator system design, stand-alone use for single purpose actuation, live testing, vibration generator, bio tissue fatigue testing, and student engineering projects.
- Six actuators with force performances ranging from as low as 15.56 N to as high as 1,512 N
- Total strokes ranging from 6.35mm to 31.7mm
- Outside actuator diameters measure from an extremely compact 32 mm size to 113.8 mm for a wide choice of sizes
- Available in six configurations, each with a different VCA that is paired with the appropriate controller PCBA to drive the VCA being used
- Built-in feedback sensor and programmable controller with MotionLab Software runs on the user’s local PC
- Controller incorporates an Input/Output board that allows physical inputs and outputs such as push buttons (digital inputs), LEDs (digital outputs), and potentiometers (analog input)
Filed Under: Industrial automation