For your customers, life is simple: The rig has to work. In an industry where an hour of downtime can cost tens of thousands of dollars, failure is not an option⎯or at least not an option that will keep your customers coming back. You need to build equipment they can depend on, and that means it has to survive shock and vibration, temperatures ranging from Arctic to Saharan. It’s got to meet a stack of reliability and safety standards that change with every region. And most of all, it has to get the job done, which is where closed-loop feedback comes in. Whether you need to calculate rotary speed or linear position, you need to know the exact location of your equipment at all times.
In this webinar you will learn how to take advantage of new capabilities in the latest generation of encoders to deliver performance you can trust and give you—and your customers—a leg up on the competition.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- Oil and Gas applications requiring feedback
- Certifications and other factors to consider when choosing the right feedback device
- When to use absolute feedback vs. incremental feedback
- Using magnetic vs. optical encoders
- The different digital communication protocols for feedback devices
Webinar sponsored by:
Filed Under: WEBINARS, Encoders • optical, Encoders (rotary) + resolvers
Tell Us What You Think!