Delcam’s FeatureCAM suite of CAM software products is certified by the Autodesk Inventor Certified Application Program for Inventor 2010. This means that FeatureCAM applications have been tested to ensure that they meet the standards for robustness, quality, and interoperability with the latest version of Inventor.
The software incorporates a combination of feature and knowledge-based functions that make programming faster and easier. The software offers a range of programs for milling, turning, wire EDM and mill-turn, all with the same interface.
There is increased support for mill-turn equipment. These machines can complete parts in a single set-up on one machine instead of using multiple set-ups on two or more different pieces of equipment. In addition, the range of 5-axis options has been extended. The software supports positional and continuous 5-axis operation, trimming, and drilling. Parts can be produced in one or two set-ups that otherwise might require multiple set-ups or special fixturing. Four-axis simultaneous milling provides programming for milling machines with rotary tables. This function allows you to tackle more sophisticated parts.
Other product improvements include:
• More fundamental machining operations
• FeatureTURN module supports form tools
• More efficient threading
• Better control of undercutting
• Extra options for pre-drilling before boring
• 2D machining thread milling, easier control of feeds and speeds, and support for engraving tools
• FeatureWIRE operates faster and recognizes 4-axis wire features
• 3-axis milling minimizes air cutting and limits tool paths to the stock model
Filed Under: 3D CAD, CAM software, Software
Tell Us What You Think!