• Clearwire named David Sach as CFO effective Feb. 2. Sach previously served as CFO of Millicom International Cellular S.A., which offers cellular services in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
• U.S. Cellular has re-launched its open Internet service using Novarra’s newest Vision Browser. The new mobile Internet offering consists of full Web access, unlimited data and e-mail. In addition, customers can elect pay-as-you-go pricing options with the new Mobile Browser.
• Vringo said its free video ringtone application is being pre-linked on global shipments of Sony Ericsson’s Walkman phones and promoted via the manufacturer’s Fun & Downloads portal.
• Mobile media company 4Info said it raised $20 million in equity and debt funding from all its existing investors Peacock Equity and Gannett. US Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Sand Hill Capital also participated, as did new investor Selby Ventures.
• MindWireless said it’s offering wireless phone rentals for international travel to its expense management clients, via a partnership with Cellhire. Devices are available that work with O2, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
Filed Under: Infrastructure