As a provider of extremely flexible and highly dependable bellows and beam couplings, Servometer offers a wide choice between standard parts for replacement, testing, and development, or a custom bellows design for peak efficiency and reliable 24/7 operation even in extreme environments.
Matching your application requirements with the right coupling depends upon the coupling design. First, you want to consider the performance characteristics of solid beam couplings and metal bellows. Critical factors to consider include material, torque, bore size, and misalignment capacity.
You may also want to consider construction. Beam couplings are a single piece construction of stainless steel, while bellows couplings are an assembly of two end pieces and a thin-walled metal bellows. The assembly is created by using an adhesive.
Important Parameters to consider before selecting a coupling:
• Maximum instantaneous torque when the coupling is extended and compressed
• Extension/Compression required during operation
• Maximum parallel misalignment of the shafts
• Maximum angular misalignment of the shafts
• Maximum allowable windup
• Space Limitation (i.e. overall length of the coupling, maximum outside diameter)
Stepper and Servo Motors
Fans and Blowers
Filed Under: Coupling Tips, Bellows