Autodesk is offering a no-cost, web-based AutoCAD LT 2011 software. You can test drive the drafting and detailing product to see if it suits your needs prior to purchase. Just install a small player to access the full version of the software that is hosted online. The trial lets you save and access files on your own computer.
AutoCAD LT 2011 brings more options for precise control of 2D drawings. You can improve the appearance of drawings with transparent objects and layers, and manage object visibility by hiding or isolating objects, independent of layer.
The software’s DWG file format facilitates data fidelity and compatibility. It also uses a complete set of 2D drafting and detailing tools to help create precise technical drawings. You can create simple or complex drawings from standard shapes such as lines, arcs, and circles. You can also modify existing geometry with commands such as stretch, copy, rotate, and scale. And, you can add annotations like text, dimensions, and tables to drawings to help convey your ideas.
Other handy features:
• Optimize content within drawings and digital libraries
• Separate objects onto layers to control screen displays and plotted outputs
• Standardize drawings by using blocks
• Add dynamic properties to blocks to accommodate multiple sizes or views in a single block.
• Use Tool Palettes to quickly access frequently used content such as blocks, hatches, and commands.
Filed Under: 3D CAD, Software