WOOD DALE, IL — On June 17, 2009, Thomson is presenting a free, live educational webinar — Electric Linear Actuators 101: Basics for Design Engineers. The latest in a series of regular webinars on the application of linear motion technology from Thomson, Electric Linear Actuators 101 is designed for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels who are interested in learning more about industrial linear actuators. The seminar will deliver solid, practical information – not a sales pitch — on how to design and build better machines with electric actuator technology. Two sessions are available, Session A – 10:00 am EST/9:00 am CST/7:00 am PST; and session B – 3:00 pm EST/2:00 pm CST/12:00 noon PST. Registration is required.
“Industrial linear actuators can improve machine designs by taking difficult and often tedious manual jobs and making them easier, automating processes for higher efficiency, providing convenient remote control, removing people from potentially dangerous situations, and replacing maintenance-intensive hydraulics with electrical options,” says Al Wroblaski, Thomson Product Manager, Industrial Linear Actuators.
In one hour, participants will learn:
• Industrial Linear Actuator (ILA) Basics
—Overview of ILA Design and Function
—Types of ILA currently in market
—What do they do and how do they do it?
• ILA Sizing and Selection
—Application Information Form
—Key application parameters and Design considerations
—Sizing and Selection Procedure
• ILA Product Overview
—ILA catalog platforms
—ILA Features and Benefits
—ILA Application examples
• Current Application Examples
—Emerging and Future Applications
For persons who are interested but unable to attend, this webinar will be archived for on-demand viewing. Currently archived webinars include:
• Linear Systems 101: Basics for Design Engineers
• Linear Bearings & Guides 101: Basics for Design Engineers
• Advanced Linear Bearings & Guides 201: Troubleshooting for Design Engineers
• Ball Screws 101: Ball Screw Basics for Design Engineers
• Advanced Ball Screws 201: Troubleshooting for Design Engineers
• Clutches & Brakes 101: Basics for Design Engineers
• Gearheads 101: Basics for Design Engineers
Upcoming webinar topics include:
• July — Introduction to Slides & Tables
• August — Tips and Tricks for Linear Bearings & Guides
• September — Innovative Design Engineering with Ball Screw Technology
Filed Under: Actuators, Ball screws • lead screws, Linear motion • slides, Motion control • motor controls
Tell Us What You Think!