|The new gaskets feature molded, raised, concentric ribs, which allow for a more concentrated gasket load, creating a tighter seal with less torque on both flat and raised face flanges.|
Garlock Sealing Technologies (Palmyra, NY) has expanded its line of low-load gaskets for sealing metallic and non-metallic piping systems with the addition of its 3504 GYLON STRESS SAVER gasket for industrial applications such as chemical processing, semiconductor production, and pulp and paper. Also being added is the 3505 GYLON STRESS SAVER for potable water applications. The new gaskets feature:
- A design that seals lightweight metallic, plastic, and fiberglass flanges.
- Molded, raised, concentric ribs, which allow for a more concentrated gasket load, creating a tighter seal with less torque on both flat and raised face flanges.
- Gasket material that is 100% GYLON PTFE with glass microspheres.
- Cold-flow and creep resistance.
- More than 3,000 thermal cycles without leaking or needing to be re-torqued.
- An operating temperature range from -450° to +500°F.
- 1-piece construction that prevents leaching, delamination and fold-over for easy installation, removal, and more reliable service.
For more information visit www.garlock.com.
Filed Under: Industrial automation