Many search tools in the electric motor industry only allow you to choose search parameters from a drop-down menu. The problem with this method is that drop-down menus limit search combinations, making it difficult and time consuming to find a motor that fits your exact specifications. Groschopp’s new motor search tool utilizes a grid layout so you can quickly switch through or add to a variety of parameters. The tool edits the results as you continually enter search parameters. This allows you to efficiently alter your motor and gearmotor combinations without needing to re-enter the search data for each adjustment.
The left portion of the tool provides basic search options: motor type, gearbox style, voltage and phase. You can choose to narrow down a category to an individual search option or leave it open if requirements are less specific. Each basic search selection you make adjusts the maximum and minimum range available for the speed, torque and power of the chosen selection.
After determining your initial search parameters, move to the right side of the search tool for the slider bar function. Choose a variable to manually adjust speed, torque or power, and the remaining variables will automatically move to their corresponding ranges. This function assists in making sure your search will produce the best results.
Tips for getting more out of your search:
- The motor search tool is available on the AC, DC and Brushless pages. When looking for information on the advantages and specifications of a motor with different gearbox combinations, it is best to use the tool on individual pages as they highlight the strengths of each gearmotor type.
- Need to quickly convert or calculate units? Download our STP (speed, torque, power) calculator to easily convert between English or metric units and to calculate torque based on speed and power, or vice versa.
- Know your duty cycle. Our search results are based on continuous duty operation, but you can often use a smaller motor when running at intermittent duty, saving on space and cost. With our advanced software, our sales team can match you with the best motor type for your intermittent application.
- We offer modified and custom motors to fit harsh environments or challenging applications. You can begin virtually modifying a motor by using our “Customize It” tool on individual product pages. For a custom design that doesn’t fit our standard models, contact the Groschopp sales team.
- We have 150,000 possible motor combinations; not all of our products are listed on our website. If you can’t find the motor you need on our site, contact the sales team to see what other standard or custom options may be available to you.
For more information on how our motor search tool works, visit our help page or click the question mark icon in the search tool.