The MOTORTEC™ STPe v1.5 program represents Groschopp’s latest of speed, torque and power calculators. STPe v1.5 now allows engineers and product designers to calculate operating costs based upon electrical consumption.
The STP update provides:
• Entry of hours, days, weeks to estimate annual hours used.
• A link to EIA (Energy Information Administration) is provided to determine electrical rates for US locations.
• Energy costs are calculated at multiple efficiencies.
• Printouts have been updated to reflect all the new information.
“Knowing how product efficiency affects annual operating costs, due to electrical consumption can impact your motor/gear motor selection,” says Ron Didier, President of Groschopp.
The MOTORTEC™ STPe v1.5 program provides a fast, easy way to calculate speed, torque, or power. Conversions of the most commonly used units are selectable, automatically generated and can be printed out.
• Calculate Annual Operating Costs
• Calculate Speed, Torque and Power
• Calculate Estimated Electrical Current and Losses for Optimum Motor Selection
• Easily and Accurately Convert Units of Measurement
• Customizable, Printed Report Function
It is also possible to set the precision and allow for comma separators using the “Precision” dialog box.
STPe v1.5 is a free downloadable tool available at www.Groschopp.com. This freeware program, with increased security, needs no registration and runs on any PC system with Windows 98 or later. The interactive screen updates information as you enter data, making “what-if” scenario testing easy.
Filed Under: Gears • gearheads • speed reducers, Motion control • motor controls, Motors (gearmotors)