Texas Instruments (TI) (Dallas, TX) announced the SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2540T, a highly-reliable, low power wireless microcontroller (MCU) that offers an extended temperature range of -40C to 125C and USB connectivity for industrial applications. The CC2540T is a complete solution for easier development with TI’s BLE-Stack software and sample applications including over-the-air download support for in-field updates. With this integrated, true single-chip Bluetooth low energy solution, TI expands its portfolio of Bluetooth low energy solutions for industrial applications, which includes the CC2541 wireless MCU. Bluetooth Smart brings a host of new features and benefits to industrial applications making it easier to get information and control systems via smartphone or tablet, bypassing more manual and often complicated systems including:
- Small form factor, low power connectivity for industrial and consumer lighting.
- Wireless human machine interface (HMI) and remote display saves costs, improves user experiences and enables remote display, monitoring and debugging.
- Storage of personalized preferences, such as operator setups and ergonomic details, on your mobile device.
- Transfer maintenance-related data to and from difficult-to-reach equipment via a mobile device for sending updates, such as firmware and calibration values.
- Cable replacement of RS-232, RS-485 or USB connections with moderate throughputs (<100 kbps) including motor drive and control can use Bluetooth Smart transmissions.
For more information, visit www.ti.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)