At EDS 2013, Hirose Electric, a leader in the development of innovative connector solutions, announced the development of several new wire-to-board and board-to-board for solid state lighting fixture applications.
“We’ve focused in few new areas, the board-to-wire applications. We are known for flat flex and board-to-board connectors, very small form factors,” says Rick van Weezel, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Hirose Electric USA. “Drawing from Hirose’s reputation of connector excellence, the new DF57H, DF59, DF61, and DF62 connectors have been created to solve design and performance issues with LED and solid state lighting needs.”
The DF Series offer multiple space saving variations, high cable pull forces, and produce secure, reliable connections for designers of lighting fixtures, SSL arrays, and LED bulbs.
The DF57H Series features:
- A wire-to-board connector that is capable of delivering 2.5 A of current.
- A small, reliable 1.2 mm pitch, 1.4 mm mated height connector.
- A Swing Lock that is achieved by using a positive and friction lock.
- A clear tactile click to ensure the mating process has been completed.
- High contact lance strength with a low profile.
The DF59 Series features:
- A multi-functional connector that can be configured to work as a wire-to-board or board-to-board connector system.
- A 2.0 mm pitch connector.
- A Swing Lock design.
- A common socket that can mate to 3 different header styles, which creates versatility for any application.
- Applicability in linear SSL applications.
The DF61 Series features:
- A 2.2 mm pitch with a low-mated height of 2.38 mm.
- A high current capacity of 5 A.
- A high voltage rating of 350 V AC/DC.
- The ability to function continuously.
- A choice for LED light bulbs and LED tube fixtures.
- A vertically-mated Swing Lock connector with a header that is molded as 1 solid piece to help prevent solder wicking.
The DF62 Series features:
- A slim wire-to-wire connector that was designed with small or confined spaces in mind.
- A multi row pin layout.
- A smooth outside contour.
- No exposed metal on the outside of the housing.
- A 2-point crimp contact design that delivers a reliable connection and is resistant to shock and vibration.
For more information, visit http://www.hirose.com/us/.
Filed Under: Connectors (electrical) • crimp technologies, Rapid prototyping