CARLO GAVAZZI is pleased to announce the launch of our new IO-Link Masters, which are IIoT-enabled network blocks for digital industrial transformation. They feature an embedded web interface and OPC UA for full remote access and control of the IO-Link master and connected devices.
The new Y Series is available in two housing styles, the YL212 for machine installation has a fully encapsulated IP67 housing for use in harsh environments and integrates the future-proof L-coded M12 power connector for higher current in more compact dimensions, compared to the 7/8” standard. The YN115 DIN rail version for control cabinet installation includes pluggable/removable push-in and screw terminal connectors for a quick and error-proof installation of the IO-Link devices and module. YL212 and YN115 fully support the industry’s leading Ethernet protocols, such as EtherNet/IP™, PROFINET IO, and MODBUS TCP. In addition, the integrated OPC UA protocol allows simultaneous access to the data of the attached smart devices from the PLC and via OPC UA clients, with a reliable, continuous, and transparent data flow from the sensors into cloud-based systems.
The integrated web server, available in seven languages, and the IODD interpreter allow easy access, configuration and diagnostic of the module and the attached IO-Link devices via a web browser, even remotely from PCs, tablets or smartphones and without the need for any additional software or a PLC.
The IO-Link Masters main technical features include:
• Eight configurable ports that can operate as standard Digital Input, Digital Output or as IO-Link signals
• One additional Digital Input on each port
• EtherNet/IP™ or PROFINET IO and MODBUS TCP access to IO-Link process, event and service data
• OPC UA protocol to have simultaneous access to the data of the attached smart devices from cloud-based applications via OPC UA clients
• Dual Ethernet ports
• IO-Link v1.0 and v1.1 compatible and IO-Link COM1, COM2 and COM3 support
• Integrated multi-language webserver and IODD interpreter for remote configuration and diagnostics
• Data storage and device validation for plug-and-play and error-proof replacement of IO-Link v1.1 devices
Filed Under: IoT • IIoT • internet of things • Industry 4.0