NOVATO, Calif. — IMSI/Design™ announces that it is shipping its flagship product, TurboCAD® Professional Version 15.
2D Drafting, 3D Modeling and UI improvements include:
* New Bill of Materials. A highly effective way to cost your design projects and tie them to the Building Information Management work flow.
* New Support of Table Object. Used with the new Bill of Materials feature. Table objects are AutoCAD compatible.
* New Rotated Box 3D Object. Draw a box at any angle on the active Workplane.
* New Mode in Edit Dragger — Edit Segment. Improved editing of walls, slabs and bulge polylines (zero width polylines).
* New Photorealistic Materials. Over 300 new Materials have been added to enhance the photorealism of your designs.
Architectural and Civil Engineering CAD improvements include:
* New Layout Tool for Woodworking. Create 2D layout of 3D model to optimize
cutting/manufacturing of components.
* Improved Style Manager for Architectural Objects. Better control over architectural designs,
ability to make quick changes to common architectural object types.
* Improved Schedule Table. Now includes support for walls and slabs.
* New Surveyor Linear Dimension. Enhanced 2D drafting capabilities.
* Improved Terrain Tool. Ability to create terrain objects from selected points.
Mechanical CAD advancements include:
* Improved Assembling of 3D Objects. Enhanced 3D design with additional alignment tools —tangent and axis.
* New Automatic Workplane by Face. Much easier now to make edits to 3D objects.
* New ACIS® v17 Solid Modeling Engine.
Interoperability and Content enhancements include:
* ASAT, OBJ and Collada (DAE) File Format Support. Enhanced compatibility for solid
modeling and for Virtual Reality, including Google™ Earth (NASD: GOOG).
* Improved 3DS file Import and Export. Better support for mechanical and artistic design
‘Green’ Building Content details include:
* Photovoltaic (solar) roofing panels
* Structurally Integrated Panels (SIPs)
* Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs)
* Energy efficient foundations and flooring
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Professional 15 is now available at a suggested retail price of $1,295. Current TurboCAD users can purchase upgrades directly from IMSI/Design by calling 1.800.833.4674 or online at http://www.TurboCAD.com.
Filed Under: 3D CAD, Software
Tell Us What You Think!