Watsonville, CA – May 25, 2015 – Vena Engineering Corp, manufacturer of industrial automation and test equipment for 20 years, introduces a sweeping step forward in motion control technology. PiMotion multi-platform, multi-language, secure Ethernet-connected motion controller with integrated linear amplifier will revolutionize motor control.
PiMotion offers motion control with innovative attributes:
● True sine wave output from linear amplifiers
● No PWM means improved performance and reduced noise
● Support of multiple operating systems – Windows, Linux, OSX
● Support for iOS and Android mobile devices
● APIs for multiple programming languages – C/C++, Java, Python
● Synchronization to within 1 microsecond from multiple networked units
● Scalable solution for brushless servo, stepper motor, voice coil and more
“As an Internet-enabled device with support for today’s languages and operating systems, PiMotion is the perfect solution for design engineers who want improved control and performance when integrating motion into tomorrow’s products,” says Disun den Daas, Application Engineer at Vena Engineering.
PiMotion offers complete control of the commutation waveform from the dual core FPGA; and a 16 bit DAC on each phase drives the amplifiers. A hardware level servo loop provides fast feedback to the trajectory generator. PiMotion runs on 24-48VDC with continuous output up to 3.5A. Two analog inputs, auxiliary encoder input, and 8 GPIO are available. With a cast aluminum case, in either panel or DIN rail mount, PiMotion is a robust device capable of continuous duty in an industrial environment.
For pricing and availability, contact: Vena Engineering Corp. Website: www.vena.com Email: [email protected] Phone: 831-724-5738, Fax: 831-724-5761
Filed Under: Motion Control Tips, Factory automation, Motion control • motor controls
Tell Us What You Think!