JVL’s new additions comprise two complete, recently developed, high-capacity MAC Servo Motors with ratings of 400W and 750W. These new products were first revealed at the Danish Herning Tech trade fair this year. The MAC motor consists of a complete servo system, including a high-dynamic AC servo motor, hall-sensor, encoder, power supply, driver and positioning controller, as well as facilities for incorporating various modules such as Profibus, CAN, Nano PLC, etc.
The MAC motor sets completely new standards for the performance and appearance of servo controls. With a length of only 175mm for a 2.4Nm/750W motor, the MAC motor matches the size of traditional servo motors that have no built-in driver/controller. This has only been possible through the use of an extremely compact motor and the development of electronics and mechanics that utilise the latest technologies and manufacturing methods. At no point has quality been compromised and the motor and electronic components have been specifically selected to withstand the rigorous demands on quality and lifetime required by industrial use.
This method of construction is unique, because you only buy what you require for a specific application and thus gain specific functionality at an extremely low price. Space is saved in the control cabinet, noise induced through the use of long motor cables is avoided, and errors due to cabling and components are reduced considerably. With significantly reduced cabling and 30 % of the normal number of components, you can be sure of reducing the number of errors and save on installation costs. In addition, service is much simpler, since the motor and controller can replaced as a single integrated unit.
The basic motor offers the following standard features:
• Operating commands from PC/PLC via RS232/422/485
• Pulse/Direction or quadrature inputs for electronic gearing
• A+B encoder output
• Velocity and torque control, either controlled digitally or via ±12bit, ±10V inputs
• Positioning via digital interface
• Software-controlled end-of-travel stops
• Selection of acceleration, maximum velocity, torque, etc.
• 6th-order servo filter
• Sine commutation with 2000 PPR encoder. (8000 pulses/revolution.)
• Alarm and ”in position” outputs
• 3 inputs and 3 outputs for High Speed start/stop and capture applications
• Internal Power Dump
.: Design World :.
Filed Under: Drives (servo) + amplifiers, Motion control • motor controls, Motors • servo