CARLO GAVAZZI has announced the launch of its new Capacitive Proximity Sensors with Integrated IO-Link communications. Building upon its existing range of sensors, these new sensors are housed in AISI316L stainless steel housings or PTFE Teflon housings for high chemical resistance.
Based on its 4th generation TRIPLESHIELD sensors, the CA18… and the CA30… Series sensors represent a suitable solution for industrial automation equipment in applications where the sensing performance needs to be constantly and accurately monitored and logged.
Besides the full range of technical features provided by the existing capacitive sensor families, the IO-Link communication mode enables additional advanced functionalities such as QoR (Quality of Run), QoT (Quality of Teach), and diagnostic parameters. With IO-Link each sensor becomes fully programmable and customizable, allowing more than half a million setting combinations.
• M18 and M30 in AISI316L stainless steel or PTFE housings
• Programmable sensing distance and hysteresis
• Sensing mode: single point, two-point, and windows mode
• Logic functions: AND, OR, XOR and “Gated SR/FF”
• Timer functions: ON, OFF and One shot from
• Configurable output/input: NPN, PNP, Push-Pull and external input
• Alarm outputs: temperature and dust – with adjustable set points
• Logging functions: temperatures, operational hours, power cycles, configuration changes
• Detection filter
• Application modes: Standard, Plastic or Level applications
• Quality of Run (QoR) and Quality of Teach (QoT)
• 2 m PVC cable or M12-plug
• IO-Link communication V 1.1
The new IO-Link Capacitive Sensors series have been designed to be used in specific markets such as Plastic & Rubber, HVAC, Agriculture, and Food & Beverage, providing suitable solutions to perfectly fit any application need.
Filed Under: Sensor Tips