The IoT Gateway Rack is an IP65-rated enclosure containing Rexroth’s award-winning IoT Gateway. Additionally, it includes all the necessary wiring and connections to connect PLCs, I/O and other data sources for collection, processing and forwarding of plant floor data to upper-level data systems.
CE rated and UL listed, the IoT Gateway Rack is one of the latest additions to Rexroth’s automation portfolio. This IP65-rated system neatly contains all the necessary components, including Rexroth’s IoT Gateway, to connect data sources to upper-level data systems. Rexroth’s IoT Gateway technology is a configured, not programmed, solution, meaning it doesn’t require knowledge of specific programming languages and makes it easy to get up and running. Additionally, it’s powered by industry-standard 110V outlets so no additional, expensive wiring is required to power the Rack.
The IoT Gateway Rack has the ability to collect legacy PLCs and simple digital and analog I/O to collect data from machines that were manufactured without Industry 4.0 data transfer capabilities, making it the ideal solution for retrofitting older machines. It’s Plug-and-Play design allows Original Equipment Manufacturers to use the IoT Gateway Rack as an optional addition to their existing machines. This allows them to easily provide Industry 4.0 capabilities for customers who require the additional functionality without changing the main design of the machine.
Additional highlights of the IoT Gateway Rack include:
- Contains three Ethernet ports, one HDMI port, one USB port with Wi-Fi and 4G options for full connectivity capabilities
- Works with popular data streams for data collection and communication such as OPC UA, OPC DA, TCP/IP, MQTT and REST
- Connects to standard databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Rated for industrial environments
- Connects to popular PLC systems and I/O, as well as well-known cloud architecture
For more information, visit here. See the IoT Gateway Rack in action in booth #S-1654 at PACK EXPO 2018.
Filed Under: Packaging, MOTION CONTROL