Ironwood Electronics introduced a new high-performance BGA socket for 1mm pitch, 2104 pin BGA IC’s. The SG-BGA-6444 socket is designed for IC size – 47.5×47.5mm package size and operates at bandwidths up to 27 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss. The sockets are designed to dissipate few watts using an aluminum compression screw and can be customized with fins and axial flow fan for higher power dissipation. The contact resistance is typically 20 milliohms per pin. The socket connects all pins with 27 GHz bandwidth on all connections. The socket is mounted on the target PCB with no soldering, and uses industry’s smallest footprint. The socket is constructed with a shoulder screw and a swivel lid, which incorporates a quick insertion method so that ICs can be changed out quickly. The socket comes with ball guide for the precise alignment of BGA balls to PCB pads.
- SG-BGA-6444 socket is constructed with high-performance and low-inductance elastomer contactor
- Temperature range is -35 C to +100 C
- Pin self-inductance is 0.15 nH and mutual inductance of 0.025 nH
- Capacitance to ground is 0.01 pF
- Current capacity is 2 amps per pin
- Works with Xilinx FPGA’s such as 2104BGA, 47.5mm square package with 46×46 array and 1mm pitch
Filed Under: Materials • advanced