Ironwood Electronics introduced a new socket addressing high performance requirements for Burn-in and Test applications – SBT-SOIC-2000. Socket features a floating guide for precise lead to pin alignment. Socket also includes additional floating compression plate that has a cavity to accommodate mold case. To use, drop IC into the socket, place floating compression plate, swivel the lid, and apply down force using compression screw. This socket can be used for hand test and quick turn custom burn-in applications with the most stringent requirements.
- Self-inductance of the contactor is 0.88 nH, insertion loss of < 1 dB at 15.7 GHz and capacitance 0.097pF
- Current capacity of each contactor is 4 amps at 80°C temperature rise
- Socket temperature range is -55°C to +180°C
- Specific configuration of the package to be tested in the SBT-SOIC-2000 is SOIC, 37.5x25mm body size, 3mm pitch, and 39mm lead tip to tip distance
- Contactor is a stamped spring pin with 31 gram actuation force per ball and cycle life of 125,000 insertions
Filed Under: Materials • advanced