TP-Link®, a global provider of consumer and business networking products, unveiled the T1700 Series 10G Smart Switches: the T1700X-16TS Full 10-Gigabit Smart Switch and the T1700G-28TQ Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 10G Uplink. The new smart switches provide high performance, scalable, cost-effective 10G bandwidth for business networks.
“In a world of expanding enterprises and growing virtualization, cloud-based services and applications, the everyday demands placed on business networks continues to evolve beyond simple reliability,” said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-Link USA. “The T1700 Series 10G Smart Switches provide higher levels of performance and the increased scalability that SMBs require.”
TP-Link Smart Switches provide rich L2/L2+ features to meet current and future unified networking and mobility needs. Simple network segmentation, with internal routing through the switch, allows devices in different VLANs/subnets to communicate with each other, facilitating a more efficient flow of network traffic. The 10GBase-T provides a future-proof, cost-efficient method for migrating networks to 10G Ethernet by utilizing existing CAT5e/CAT6 RJ-45 short connections and CAT6A/CAT7 connections.
The T1700X-16TS features 12 10GBase-T RJ45 ports and four dedicated SFP+ fiber slots, with the ability to support up to 320Gbps of combined switching bandwidth. Built for core business networks, this helps to relieve congestion associated with bandwidth-intensive applications and guarantees smooth data transmission. The T1700X-16TS also supports various user-friendly standard management features, such as intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI), industry-standard Command Line Interface (CLI), SNMP (v1/2/3) and RMON. Comprehensive IPv6 support management ensures a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network, while Dual Image provides improved reliability and network uptime.
- Equipped with 12 10GBase-T RJ45 Ports and four 10G SFP+ fiber ports, providing up to 320Gbps switching capacity
- 10GBase-T technology provides a cost-effective method for migrating from current networks to 10G Ethernet by utilizing existing CAT5e/CAT6 short connections and CAT6A/CAT7 connections
- L2+ and static routing to help route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- Advanced security features include IP-MAC-Port Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defend, Storm Control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X, and Radius Authentication
- Comprehensive IPv6 support for management, QoS, and ACL
- WEB/CLI managed modes, SNMP, and RMON enhance management capability
- Dual Firmware Image improves reliability and network uptime
Warranty and Support
These TP-Link switches feature a limited lifetime warranty, which means they are covered at no cost for as long as the original purchaser owns the product. Once discontinued, the limited lifetime warranty extends five years from the product’s sell date. Our team is also available M-F, 6AM-6PM PST for toll-free, technical support by phone (1-844-2-TP4SMB) and email ([email protected]), including set-up, no matter when or where you purchased the product.
Price & Availability
The new TP-Link Smart Switches are now available at TP-Link authorized distributors and leading VARs. T1700X-16TS Full 10-Gigabit Smart Switches are available for $1499.00 USD and T1700G-28TQ Gigabit Stackable Smart Switches with 10G Uplink are available for $499.00 USD.
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Switches
Tell Us What You Think!