Cleveland, Ohio – March 2007 – Keithley Instruments, Inc., a leader in solutions for emerging measurement needs, has published “Understanding New Developments in Data Acquisition, Measurement, and Control.” The 220+-page data acquisition handbook is a practical guide to high performance test and measurement and is available for no charge at www.ggcomm.com/Keithley/MAR07DAQ_NR.html.
The handbook is divided into nine sections that discuss issues influencing the selection of data acquisition and control equipment. Topics include:
- An overview of data acquisition and measurement, including a description of plug-in boards and external data acquisition systems;
- Computer buses, protocols, and hardware, emphasizing the importance of the computer to the overall performance and reliability of the systems;
- Software and making the appropriate choice for data acquisition software;
- Basic component theory and the types of electronic components for data acquisition systems to optimize test procedures;
- Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion, interfacing, isolation, and ground loops;
- Temperature and strain measurements with tutorials on the capabilities of the sensor technologies available to make these measurements and ensure accuracy,
- and Real-world applications that use data acquisition systems to monitor or control industrial processes.
The handbook also includes three appendices, including selector guides for plug-in boards, USB modules, PXI systems, and external data acquisition instruments, a glossary of commonly used terms, and a discussion of safety considerations.
Keithley Instruments offers a broad range of precision measurement and high-speed data acquisition solutions, including PXI, LXI, PCI, USB, and GPIB. Keithley’s recently introduced PXI products are designed for high-speed automated production testing as part of a hybrid test system using precision instruments. Digital Multimeter/Data Acquisition Systems combine the accuracy and sensitivity R&D users need with the high throughput production test demands. Whether the application is in the lab or on the production floor, Keithley offers solutions in a variety of form factors, from plug-in boards to external systems with multipoint measurement and control capabilities.
To request a free copy of “Understanding New Developments in Data Acquisition, Measurement, and Control,” visit www.ggcomm.com/Keithley/MAR07DAQ_NR.html or call 1-888-KEITHLEY.
For more information on Keithley’s solutions for data acquisition, measurement, and control, visit www.keithley.com or contact the company at:
Keithley Instruments, Inc.
28775 Aurora Road
Cleveland, OH 44139-1891
Tel: 800-688-9951 (toll-free)
With more than 60
years of measurement expertise, Keithley Instruments has become a world
leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems from DC to
RF (radio frequency). Our products solve emerging measurement needs in
production testing, process monitoring, product development, and
research. Our customers are scientists and engineers in the worldwide
electronics industry involved with advanced materials research,
semiconductor device development and fabrication, and the production of
end products such as portable wireless devices. The value we provide
them is a combination of precision measurement technology and a rich
understanding of their applications to improve the quality of their
products and reduce their cost of test.
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: Automotive, Factory automation, Semiconductor, Computer boards, Data acquisition + DAQ modules, Industrial computers, Motion control • motor controls, PLCs + PACs, Sensors (position + other), Sensors (temperature), Software