The new LIKselect kit-style linear encoder is designed to make machine motion design ideas come to life while saving valuable space and enabling precise positioning within its control loop. Available now from NUMERIK JENA in North America as part of the HEIDENHAIN group, this miniature three-field scanning sensor is offered with a variety of different frame designs, allowing the LIKselect to be deeply integrated into the heart of even the most complex machine system designs.
With selectable accuracies of ±3 μm/m or ±5 μm/m on a 20 μm pitch scale, the LIKselect encoder is equipped to handle high accuracy positioning tasks, while its 16 x 8 x 2.2 mm size takes up little real estate on the machine.
Useful features of the LIKselect include:
- New three-field scanning technology with improved signal quality
- Highly compact and configurable scanning unit
- 20 µm grating period and measuring steps down to 78.125 nm
- No phase and offset errors
- Standard Incremental Interfaces: 1 VPP, TTL, or RS-422
- Low power consumption and heat accumulation
- Electronic adjustment capability after mounting to reduce static mounting errors
For more information, visit www.heidenhain.us/about-us/numerik-jena.
Filed Under: Linear Motion Tips