Koganei and Humphrey introduce the iB Series, which includes the iB Move and the iB Flow. The iB Move is a Linear Stepper Motor Actuator which boasts high speed yet quiet operation for lightweight work — in an affordable design. The iB Flow is a digital flow controller that optimizes the cycle time settings of a cylinder or pneumatic actuator.
A new value category of electrical motion – the iB Move is ideal for those applications where pneumatic cylinders are insufficient (too slow, too noisy, too dirty, or need acceleration/decal functioning), while traditional electric linear actuators are too costly. iB Move is perfect for small, compact positioning applications requiring movements of less than 2 inches.
Special features include:
— Easy Operation
— Easy to pre-set/program
— Low Price / Great value
— Silent and Clean
— Compact – Small size
The iB Move features a newly developed and unique shaft-type, Linear Stepper Motor Actuator. iB Move is:
1. Simple, using 2-phase open loop control, to accomplish cost reduction objectives.
2. Utilizes a Moving Magnet principle (2-phase stepping “Moving Magnet” method is fixed electromagnets (coils) while permanent magnets move).
3. Direct drive – Does not use a ball screw, belt, or gear, so backlash is avoided, and a high level of silence achieved.
4. Easy to program, requiring little training.
5. Quiet Operation – No exhaust noise as with pneumatic cylinders, nor the sliding noise of ball screw & linear guide.
6. Low price, despite being an electric linear motor.
The iB Flow is a digital pneumatic flow controller, creating an alternative to the traditional “manual” speed controller. The iB Flow features two electronic needle settings, either based on percent open, or based on cylinder extending and retracting times, both much more accurate and repeatable than the manual speed controller. Once set, the iB Flow has a safety-lock mechanism, preventing the needle from any adjustment. Plus, its “copy” function allows for setting speeds on multiple cylinders quickly and accurately, thereby reducing machine set-up time.
Applications for the iB Flow:
— Air cylinder operation time adjustment.
— Simultaneous operation of multiple cylinders.
— Precision flow adjustment during vacuum breaking.
— Precision flow adjustment during air blow-off.
— Monitoring actual versus previously programmed settings (due to cylinder wear or friction changes).
Filed Under: Actuators, Fluid power, Hydraulic equipment + components, Motion control • motor controls, Motors • stepper, Pneumatic equipment + components