Lantronix, Inc. announced the global availability of the new xPico Wi-Fi module, a compact, embedded wireless device server designed for easy and fast machine-to-Wi-Fi connectivity.
Tablet and Smartphone-enable Your Devices
Simultaneous access point and client functionality, a key differentiator for the xPico Wi-Fi module, allows the creation of its own secure Wi-Fi network for direct access as well as maintaining a Wi-Fi client connection to the existing Wi-Fi network. This allows machines to be directly accessed via smartphone or tablet.
Quick Time to Market — No Host Software to Load and No Code to Write
With Lantronix’ Zero-Host Load architecture, there is no need to manage or load drivers on the system or write a single line of code. The xPico Wi-Fi has been optimized to bring easy and secure wireless functionality to a wide range of machine to machine applications from small battery powered devices to large industrial installations.
xPico Wi-Fi device: Key Features and Benefits
With the xPico Wi-Fi embedded module, Lantronix brings machine-to-machine connectivity expertise into one of the world’s smallest and easiest to use machine-to-Wi-Fi device server. The xPico Wi-Fi device boasts a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm, and is pin and form factor compatible with other members of the Lantronix xPico product family.
- Easy to deploy and use: No need for software development or to write a single line of code.
- Innovative form factor: Compact footprint: 24mm x 16.5mm.
- Mobile-ready: Enables direct access to device data via smartphones, tablets and connected PCs.
- Soft AP: Unique simultaneous Soft-AP and Client mode, allows for easy points of access while maintaining a secure network.
- Robust: Device server application suite hardened by Lantronix over the last decade.
- Secure: 256-bit AES Encryption.
- Industrial-ready: Operating environment at extended temperatures: -40° to +85° C.
- Standards-based: Conforms to latest WLAN and IP internetworking standards, ensuring interoperability and eliminating vendor lock-in.
- Customizable: Designed with customizable capabilities for rapid OEM adoption.
- Power: Low-power profile optimized for battery-powered devices.
- Peripheral Connectivity: Serial, SPI, USB, ADC, GPIOs.
- Ease-of-Migration: Easy migration path for xPico Wired designs.
- Guaranteed: 5-Year limited warranty.
Filed Under: Wireless