8900 West Tower Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Helwig Carbon BPKs offer the following advantages:
• Most effective proven technology to minimize shaft voltage and damaging currents
• Provides lowest resistance path to ground
• Longevity – typically outlasts the unit it is installed on
• Easy to install and maintain
• Stock kits fit multiple shaft sizes
• Sealed kits to avoid exposure to outside and contaminated environments
Bearing protection is typically needed on:
• Motors with VFDs
• HVAC units
• Pump motors
• Air Handling
Prevent Bearing Damage with Helwig BPKs
Helwig Carbon uses proven silver graphite brush technology in a variety of bearing protection kits (BPKs) for motor shafts. The BPKs provide the lowest resistance path to ground diverting electrical currents away from the bearings and safely to ground. Variable frequency drives (VFD) used on AC and DC motors produce induced electrical currents on the motor shaft. Left unprotected these currents follow a path through the motor bearings causing electrical arcs that lead to fluting, pitting and bearing damage. These conditions deteriorate overtime and result in premature bearing failure.