43044 Business Park Drive
Temecula, California 92590
Opto 22: Building the future of automation
- 45 years as a trusted automation manufacturer with customers worldwide
- Open, scalable architectures and standard technologies for easier projects
- Guaranteed-for-life industrial I/O
- All products developed, manufactured, and supported in the U.S.A.
Meet the future: groov EPIC®. For both automation and industrial internet of things (IIoT) applications, Opto 22’s new groov EPIC Edge Programmable Industrial Controller gives you all the tools you need in one compact unit.
Edge. Collect, process, view, and exchange data where it’s produced—at the edge of your network. Securely share data among databases, cloud services, PLC systems, and other equipment. Visualize data on the EPIC’s integral touchscreen, on an external HDMI monitor, or from any device with a web browser.
Programmable. Leverage the programming tools you already know; mix tools as needed for your project. Programming options include IEC 61131-3, field-proven flowcharting, C/C++, Java, Python, Node-RED, and more.
Industrial. Place groov EPIC just about anywhere. With its UL Hazardous Locations approval, ATEX compliance, solid-state drives, wide -20 to 70 °C operating temperature range, and stainless-steel construction, EPIC can handle industrial challenges at the edge.
Controller. Rely on real-time control and I/O from people who understand your job. Simplify wiring, commissioning, and troubleshooting with features like EPIC’s integrated high-resolution color touchscreen, wireways for 28-14 AWG, diagnostic LEDs, and hot-swappable I/O.
Built from the ground up to connect automation systems to enterprise IT and cloud systems, groov EPIC lets you:
- Move your data directly from your operations systems into your IT systems without protocol conversion or middleware.
- Use edge processing to parse and report data from the network edge to cloud-based systems for data analysis.
- Centralize siloed processes, systems, equipment, and data, regardless of source.
- Reliable hardware, easy-to-use software, and free support from people who speak your protocol and understand your code: that’s the Opto 22 difference.
Opto 22 knows control. We’ve been building reliable SSRs, controllers, I/O, and automation software for over 40 years, all based on open standards and all manufactured and supported in the U.S.A.
Founded in 1974 by engineers who designed a better SSR and built a non-corporate, flat organization, Opto 22 fosters individual responsibility, quick response to customers’ needs, and fast development of cutting-edge products.
Opto 22 makes automation simple for engineers, OEMs and machine builders, integrators, and anyone who needs to monitor and control equipment and systems. Reliable hardware, easy-to-use software, and people you can talk to: that’s the Opto 22 difference.