Developing more innovative, better-performing products requires everyone associated with product development to do more—especially designers—by working smarter to support changing product development requirements. Designers can meet the challenge of creating higher-fidelity designs by adding SOLIDWORKS Simulation software to their SOLIDWORKS 3D design installation.
With the virtual test bench provided by SOLIDWORKS Simulation software, engineers can get fast, accurate answers to important questions about the behavior, performance, and manufacturability of their designs without the expense of physical testing. Instead of wondering how a design will perform or working off a hunch, they will have the ability to learn so much more about design concepts that they’ll be hard-pressed not to improve the fidelity of their designs.
With SOLIDWORKS Simulation solutions, users can get reliable answers to the following performance questions while they design:
- Will it break? If so, where?
- Should I add or remove material?
- Does the design have the required factor of safety?
- Can I use a less expensive material or production technique?
- Is my design stiff enough? Is it too stiff?
- Where should I add material to increase or decrease deflection/displacement?
- When will my design wear out?
- How will my assembly move?
- Will dynamic loads cause components to fail? If so, which ones?
- Is there a better form to fit my function?
- Does my design behave as intended?
Using the powerful combination of intuitive SOLIDWORKS modeling capabilities and integrated, easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Simulation design analysis tools, users can consistently create higher-fidelity designs, which will help companies spend less time resolving product performance or manufacturability issues late in the process; minimize the frequency of rework and retrofits to address problems; and eliminate costly field failures, returns, and warranty claims.
Try SOLIDWORKS for free here: https://my.solidworks.com/try-solidworks.SOLIDWORKS, a Dassault Systèmes brand, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment.
For the latest news, information, or an online demonstration, visit our Website: www.solidworks.com or call 1-800-693-9000 (outside of North America, call +1-781-810-5011).