901 Ethan Allen Highway, Suite 102
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Phone: (203) 244-6304
STEUTE has been providing unique, application-specific switches for control and automation applications since 1962. In doing so they recognized that there have been few wireless devices available which provide simple “on-off” signals for functions such as machine start/stop control, presence sensing, counting, remote signaling, event monitoring and other desired digital inputs.
To address this need, they have pioneered the development of a broad-family of wireless switches and accessories. These include:
- Mechanical limit switches
- Magnetic and inductive switches
- Photo-optical switches
- Pull-wire switches
- Command stations
- Foot switches
- Universal wireless transmitters
- Door handle systems
- Programmable receivers
Each has the necessary Certifications for their intended countries of use … e.g. cCSAus, FCC, IC).
These components differ considerably from those that have been developed for commercial applications. Where commercial applications are typically characterized by controlled environments, low duty cycles, and fewer sources of potential interference; industrial applications typically have more severe environmental conditions, high duty cycles, and a greater potential for signal interference.
Consequently, these “industrial-grade” devices feature more robust mechanical and electronic design attributes. Depending upon the specific component these include:
- Ingress protection (IP) ratings of IP65 and better.
- Transmission distances of 300 to 700 meters (in free air).
- Mechanical life expectancies … most in excess of 1 million operations.
- Rugged materials of construction. (e.g. high-strength engineered plastics, stainless steel).
- Bidirectional communications between Transmitters and Receivers.
- Higher power signals.
- Periodic “status” signals” (important in some applications when power to the Receiver
has been interrupted).
- Receiver outputs with contact ratings of up to 6A.
- Network compatible Receivers (e.g. RS232, TCP/IP)
- Easy-to-program Receiver output formats
(e.g. NO. NC, momentary, maintained, timed).
STEUTE has specialized in designing and manufacturing unique switches for industrial control and automation applications for more than 60 years.
Our staff of 300 employees understands your need to utilize the most robust product possible for the environmental conditions and performance demands of your application.
With offices in 30 countries, our worldwide team is ready to listen to your needs and share our ideas for a rugged, reliable, suitably-certified switch for your specific application.
Call for a no-obligation application consultation, or to request an evaluation sample.