H. G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors Group has expanded its sensor product offering using LVIT Technology by adding the LZ-19 Series linear position sensors. These are contactless devices designed for use in factory automation or assembly machinery applications where space is a premium, as well as for external mounting on hydraulic cylinders to sense rod position.
These LVITs are offered in nominal full scale ranges from 2.5 to 750 mm (0.100 to 30-in.) with an excellent stroke-to-length ratio so that the sensor’s overall length is only about 38 mm (1.5-in.) longer than the linear range of the unit. The sensor has a 19 mm (3/4-in.) outside diameter aluminum or optional stainless steel body with a 1-m long radial exit cable for I/O connections. The 6 mm (0.236-in.) diameter through-bore of an LZ-19 provides clearance for its 5.2 mm (0.200-in.) diameter moving rod, which is made of the same material as its housing. This through-bore feature also means that the sensor is not subject to damage from typical mechanical overstroking.
• LVIT Technology (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
• Contactless operation prevents internal wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
• Excellent stroke-to-body-length ratio
• Full Scale ranges from 2.5 to 750 mm (0.100 to 30-in.)
• Through-bore design eliminates mechanical overstroking damage
• DC in / DC out operation with built-in electronics
• Proprietary SenSet field adjustable range scaling
Alliance Sensors Group
Filed Under: Sensor Tips