Meller Optics, Inc. recently introduced a line of high-purity calcined alumina polishing powders that can be mixed into slurries and applied to a spot block as parts are being oscillated.
- Ready to mix with de-ionized water
- Offered in two grades and seven particle sizes from 0.05 to 3.0 microns
- Suited for application directly to optics on spot blocks
- Capable of producing surface finishes to 10-5 scratch-dig on a wide range of hard and soft materials including ZnSe, germanium, and silicon
- Offered in a Microlux-R version which features large agglomerated particles for aggressive grinding and lapping that break down under pressure for final polishing and are 99.98 percent pure
- Microlux-RZ version available with 99.99% pure de-agglomerated powders and controlled particle sizes for grinding and uniform polishing
Filed Under: Materials • advanced