A full line of sapphire and ruby balls for use as ball check valves, stylus tips, fiberoptic and endoscope lens systems that can now be supplied with a calibration certificate validating diameter and sphericity is being introduced by Meller Optics, Inc. of Providence, RI.
- Mohs 9 hardness which (second only to diamond)
- Impervious to most chemicals, solvents, and detergents
- Surface finishes of 0.008 to 0.010 micron Ra
- Available in 42 inch and metric sizes from 0.1 mm to 0.5” dia.
- Can now be supplied with a calibration certificate validating diameter and sphericity
- Suitable for a wide range of applications because of their durability and stability
- 2,000°C melting point
- 0.2 coefficient-of-friction
- Refraction index of 1.76 microns at 20 degrees C
- Can also be drilled and precision ground into plano-convex lenses
Meller Sapphire and Ruby Balls are priced according to material, size, and quantity; delivered from stock. Samples and price quotations are available upon request.
For more information contact:
Meller Optics, Inc.
Steve Lydon, Marketing
120 Corliss St. / P.O. Box 6001
Providence, RI 02940
(800) 821-0180 FAX (401) 331-0519
Filed Under: Industrial automation